How to create your own group
Creating your own group is fairly easy and can be a great way to find people in your area or find people who are interested in the same things you are. Lets go through the process of setting up your own group.
1. Hover (don’t click) on your profile image, hover on “groups” and then click “create group.”
2. Then give your group a name and description. Then click the create group and continue button.
3.Decide what kind of group you would like to create. Is this group public? or do you want to create a hidden group for you to talk about your supplies with someone but you don’t want everyone to know your business? (See group setting below) After you are done click the next step button.
4. If you are making a public group you probably want to create a forum for it. If it is private or hidden you might not want everyone to see it. Choose whether you want to create a forum for your group and click the next step button.
5. Choose an image for your group (optional) Click choose file and upload an image from your computer. Once you are done cropping the image click the next step button.
6. now just invite anyone you like and you are all done.
Or you can just click here to create a group now.
When creating a group, you have the option of making your group Public, Private, or Hidden.
Are visible in all group directories. The contents of the group – activity updates, forum posts, and any additional group functionality you might add through plugins – is publicly accessible. Anyone in your BuddyPress community can join a Public group.
Are also visible in group directories. The group name and group description remain available for all to see. However, the contents of the group are accessible only to members. Moreover, group membership is controlled: members of your broader BuddyPress community must request membership, which can only be granted by a group administrator.
Are invisible to non-members. These group names and descriptions are not listed in sitewide directories, and their contents are accessible only to members of the group. Because the group is unlisted, users cannot request membership. Instead, individuals can only join the group by invitation.
Leave a comment below if you have any question, I’ll make sure we answer them all.